Monday 3 June 2013

The Adventures of Marriage - 2

With gratitude to God and with heaviness of heart, we the Blessing family regret to announce the THROWING AWAY of our python meat for lack of liver (courage) to consume the delicacy so well prepared. Actually, the cooking enhanced the skin colour patterns making it look more alive than dead. In fact, my super strong, super brave, ebube dike, heavy-chested, the man who carries two cement-filled 200 litre drums for dumb-bells husband, completely ran away from the pot (for the first time since we got married) and declared with authority and finality, that the sumptous meal be evicted from his humble abode (another first, rejecting food). I gladingly, happily, rejoicing and without a second thought, threw the errant meat as far as I can throw. I then washed my pot with jik, bleach, klin, omo, sand and arial, and every stain-removing solution imaginable, to remove any evidence that might remain.
Well, we were able to bruise the serpent's head but could not devour it. May its flesh rot without smelling in Jesus name, and my husband screams amen.
Thank God for marriage. In my parents house, I wouldn't think of cooking the snake, let alone eat it. It was fun while it lasted though. At least it kept my husband from caressing the pot as usual. LOL!
May God fill our marriage with fun-filled moments in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment